Search another omelette here:

2013/01/31

Lounge, Intercontinential Grand Stanford HK

Posted By: Shinobu - 7:34

It was almost 20 years after I came back to Kowloon peninsula to stay when I got my first passport in my life to come to HK with backpack, to find and stay backpacker hotel to follow a novel I read at that age.

After I started my career as business person, I have been lucky enough to avoid my first overseas experience to stay at relatively luxury hotels in Hong Kong island every time I came to HK.

This time, as suggestion by one of my friends of hotel woman, I booked at the captioned hotel, in Kowloon side.  This hotel is among other classic hotels in TST East, around 5 to 10 minutes walk distance, and thanks to neighbour of Hotel Nikko, I recognised more Japanese tourists around this area (and I was recognised as Japanese, too).  So, if your meetings are arranged in island side, you may hesitate, as you also need to top up another 5 minutes to cross habour by MTR (and actually I did), but once you start to live there, you realise this extra 10 minutes is comfortably nice to cool you down from heated discussion during meetings.

And, this hotel proudly offer their lounge in 1st floor, whoever can use once you pay a bit of extra cost for lounge.  But it is indeed worth to pay for it.  At the evening cocktail hours, their wine list is quite unique enough to enjoy, and quality of finger foods are yet another enjoyable ones from their kitchen.  SO, you can anticipate its quality of breakfast, too.

Indeed I was surprised when I found a list of dishes to order-to-cook for breakfast.      It is rare to find such arrangement (I only saw at Sofitel Sigon before), and moreover, it includes omelette!  And, again and again, you should surprise that you can see and enjoy seamless, rugby-football shaped well-cooked omelette!!!!  As you know I only saw three-folded omelette in HK, so I believed until then that three-folded ones is the one-and-only standard form of omelette in HK...

I would, no wonder, come back there, worth enough to enjoy their omelette again.


0 コメント:

コメントを投稿

Copyright © Omelet around the world

Designed by